Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July part 1

We love the 4th of July! Growing up my family always went up to Idaho Falls to celebrate with my grandma because it's her birthday. She used to tell us when she was little she felt so lucky to get fireworks just for her! Keith's family always has a large presence in the Inkom candy parade making it a fun celebration! After we met we convinced our families to celebrate together. Keith and I even got to be in the parade together last year! So when we realized we would be in Florida for the 4th this year we were a little upset to say the least! We didn't have too high of hopes because Keith had to work. He left about 5 and around 10:30 I got a text asking if I wanted a surprise. I knew what it was right away! I was so excited!
To celebrate his workless day we decided to head to the beach! We went to Melbourne beach which is the closest one.

We played in the water for awhile. After, I relaxed and read Keith fell asleep...
Next time his hand won't be on his belly and maybe we'll remember to put on more sunscreen. For now, aloe is his friend.
We spent a few hours there before we were ready to head out. Our timing was impeccable. On the drive home the sky started to look a little gloomy. 
 And by the time we got home it was POURING. We were a little worried the firework show that evening would be rained out!


To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment