Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our Florida Home

Welcome to our new home in Florida!

Here's a little tour of our abode. We live in what the ranch calls the Cowboy Houses. There are four of them. It's a shame I didn't take any before pictures but these afters show you we've made some lemonade out of our lemons. A few bottles of bleach later, and here you have it...
Welcome home.

The Kitchen
Our place came "furnished" (one lid-less pot and 1 sharp knife kind of 'furnished'). One thing they didn't forget is the plates! There's no ranch home complete without cow plates.

Our sitting "room"

We're very happy we have our own washer and dryer. And A/C.

Through that door is the bathroom. It's currently out of commission but I'll spare you the details of our septic-tank woes.



Don't get too excited about the TV. It doesn't work.. But the A/C is bliss. Our window is also the home of a few small green tree frogs. They keep us up at all hours of the night and sometimes join us in our room. Keith caught and released one yesterday but his buddy was lonely last night and we heard him all. night. long. One of us was grateful for some ear plugs.... Next time, we'll pack two pair.
The view from our front door.
And what kind of welcome to Florida would be gator-less? We were walking out the front door when our neighbors called us over. Under their car a 2.5' baby gator who found some shade
While it's taken a little adjusting I think we're getting along just fine. Keith has been enjoying his work but comes home pretty tired. He spends a good portion of his time on the saddle moving cattle. I'm trying to find things to keep me busy like cleaning, and re-cleaning everything. I'm grateful for netflix, Kaisha's kindle (thanks!!!), indexing, and a few craft projects that keep me busy. We're glad we've finally settled in. I'm sure we won't have any shortage of memories made here!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! It looks gorgeous there! Please oh please don't get eaten by any gators while you're there! I'm sure you two will have a blast there though :) you making this blog had made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding cow plates to my life wish list!

    ReplyDelete