Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gone Fishin'

Coming to the ranch we had no idea what a big deal fishing is. But it's a BIG deal. After a lot of begging our neighbors got us to go with them one night after they borrowed fishing reels for us. We ended up having a blast! 


While we weren't having much luck in the fish department, we were still having fun. I can't tell you how many times my line got caught in the weeds at the bottom of the river and at least half a dozen times Keith had to come save me. During one of those times he had already cast his line and asked me to hold his pole. After he finally got my line untangled I reeled in his line and much to our surprise we got a bite! Neither of us could take the glory of catching it by ourselves so we shared the limelight.
After another 20 minutes or so I was able to get one more bite before we called it a night.
I was okay with the catching bit but let Keith handle the release. I don't think either of us had been fishing since we were little. Going reminded me of when I used to go fishing with my dad as a little girl. Being the professional fishermen that he is I still like to tease him about the time we went and were even, fish count:10-10 so we decided to call it a day. We reeled in and I got one last bite bringing our final count 11-Maurie 10-Dad. Oh the bragging rights. Good times.
It was a lot of fun, we'll be going back and hopefully have a bit more luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment